Wednesday, February 10, 2010

And we are the dreamers of dreams.

Yesterday turned out to be a fairly slow day in Florida. The weather was particularly miserable, so I spent a lot of my day unpacking. That's right. Some of my clothes still aren't totally unpacked. Shocking, I know. But my bed is all put together, my stuff is on the wall, and the tv is set up!

Today was my very first day of work at Disney, which cast members refer to as "Traditions." Mostly this just means that you sit in a classroom and become bored, but we did do a couple of cool things, too. I can't go into detail about some of them(I can literally lose my job. Go figure.), but the underworld of the Magic Kingdom really is magical, and Mickey delivered our very first nametags... which sounds really lame, but is a Disney right of passage. Wedid other things like go over the history of Disney and cast member standards. Also, I recieved my Disney Cast Member ID, so now I can get into the parks for free, occasionally bring friends into the parks for free, and recieve discounts on nearly everything - including gas, groceries, park merch, and clothes.

Tonight we're making a pizza, watching Family Guy, and going to bed relatively early. I have to be up at 5:45 to make it to the bus stop by 6:45 to make it to Disney University at 7:45 for Recreation Core at 8. But I should be done by noon, so I'm looking forward to a day in the parks tomorrow. =]

1 comment:

  1. Most boring Jackie post ever. :( I'm sorry people were fucking with your post. Gabby and I will be down there soon enough and we'll be around to spice up your life!

    ReplyDelete