Yesterday was my first day on-site at the Grand Floridian. I know it sounds cheesey, and facetious, but it really was kind of magical. The resort is absolutely beautiful... but with guests paying over $400 a night for a regular room, I would expect nothing less. The goal for yesterday was to just complete a general orientation. We toured the resort, saw all of the restaurants - and I plan on eating in all of them, including Victoria & Alberts (if you don't know what that is, Google it. Crazy.), both of the pools, and all of the crazy backstage areas (which I still can't talk about it.). By the end of the day I recieved 2 new pins, an old key to the resort which they made into a keychain, and a picture of the orientation group. Precious. I know.
Last night Shannon and I took Brittany O. to Magic Kingdom for the first time. We played games games on Space Mountain - which was part of the renovation. Brilliant idea, Imagineers. I lift my hat to you, rode the ride, watched wishes, hopped on Haunted Mansion, battled with the fabulous cast members at Pirates of the Carribean, had barbeque in Frontierland, did NOT get stuck on Thunder Mountain, and watched Wishes (the fireworks show featuring Tinkerbell's flight). By the time we got home and I crawled into bed it was after 2. I had to get up at 5:45. I need to learn to start sleeping, or this is going to be a long, long program.
Today was my recreation orientation day at both the Grand Floridian and the Polynesian. The change in atmosphere between the two is crazy. The theme behind the Grand Floridian is Victorian era by the sea. So we're to say things like "Good evening," "Good afternoon," and "Have a grand day." And then you just walk to the next resort and all you hear is "Aloha," "Hey, bro," and "What's up?" I love both of the resorts, and I know I'll be having a field day with both of them. My totaly training experience today was... interesting. I hate that I feel like I can't say what I mean on here. Let's just say that some of my coworkers & coordinators bring a whole different level of Disney magic to the table, and it will be pretty intersting to see how things go.
Tonight I'm going back to Magic Kingdom to celebrate Valentine's Day. I know, I know. I hate Valentine's Day... but how can you not want to celebrate it at Cinderella's castle? I guess even I'm just a little bit of a sucker. What can you do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Soo exciting! Where are the pictures?
ReplyDelete